THE GROWING TREND OF USING NATURAL AFTERSHAVE BALM
THE GROWING TREND OF USING NATURAL AFTERSHAVE BALM
Most men prefer to stay stylish with a clean and shaven face rather than growing stubble. Going for a job interview or your big wedding day are some of the events where a man may shave his facial hair to look neat and smart.
The shaving process removes the unwanted hair from the face, but the razor’s sharp edge may often cause a slight cuts or bruises. For many businessmen, shaving is a daily chore but not the most comforting one as shaving causes bumps and reduces the softness of the skin.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COMMON AFTERSHAVES MEN USE
One of the best ways to get smooth skin after shaving your face is by applying the best natural aftershave balm. There is a wide variety of aftershave products in the market.
There are two types of aftershaves, balms and splashes.
- Balms are concentrated and known for having moisturizing, and skin relaxation properties. Balms are best suited in colder and drier climates
- Splashes are liquids and made from a mixture of toners, hydrosols, and astringents to cleanse and provide antibacterial protection to the skin. Splashes are best used in hot and humid climates.
Traditionally, aftershave splashes contained a high alcohol concentration and gave a burning sensation instantly when applied to the face. However, in the last few decades, natural ingredients are used to develop aftershaves that removes the burning sensation and ensure smooth and glowing skin.
Aftershave balm was introduced to reduce skin irritation, moisturize the skin, and protect the skin. You need to apply a small amount of cold water to your face or leave your face slightly wet after shaving. Then apply aftershave balm gently on your face and neck areas. One needs to base your selection of aftershave balms on the needs of your facial skin.
WHY THE NEED TO APPLY A NATURAL AFTERSHAVE BALM
Most of the aftershaves marketed in television commercials or online usually are extensions of fragrance lines. They may even contain a lot of alcohol, which can be quite discomforting when applied after a shave and dry ones skin, leaving it less protected.
The aftershave you use should moisturize the skin and not contain any alcohol. Certain cosmetic brands take pride in advertising skincare products made from natural, organic, and herbal ingredients.
Commonly, 9 out of 10 men will say the task they enjoy least is shaving their faces. Today, superior shaving gels and razors are available, but shaving is still not a pleasurable experience for most men.
Frequent shaving is not good for facial skin as you are not only removing hairs from the face but minute parts of the upper skin layer as well. The razor takes away some of the skin, which is why you get a stinging sensation when you apply aftershave containing alcohol.
Best natural aftershave balm is probably the best product to apply to the face after performing a shave. The natural aftershave balms are easy to apply, have a greater moisturizing ability, and have a natural scent compared to the chemical based aftershave lotions.
WHAT CONSTITUTES THE BEST NATURAL AFTERSHAVE BALM?
One of the most effective natural aftershave balms is a plant-based infused blend that contains Baobab oil, Meadowfoam Seed, Squalane oil, Witch hazel, and Nutmeg that enhances youthful skin and counters any radicals that causes premature aging.
The natural aftershave balm contains a wide mix of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, herbal sterols, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial ingredients that effectively reduce skin irritation and burns caused after shaving.
The natural aftershave balm makes the skin soft, smooth, and hydrated and strengthens the hair cuticles and allows a person to keep a moustache or beard without the small hairs causing any irritation or discomfort.
You can take a decent amount of natural aftershave balm and smoothly apply to your face. After a couple of minutes, you will notice the balm getting absorbed by the skin the more you rub your face. The moisturizing ingredients will start to kick in and glow the skin.
One of the best ingredients in the natural aftershave balm is moisturizer that makes the external skin layer soft and improve water absorption in the skin. Moisturizer is not a single ingredient but rather a combination of natural and herbal ingredients.
Some of the natural ingredients in homemade aftershave balm are
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Jojoba oil
- Witch Hazel
- Vitamin E oil
- Tee tree oil
- Rose oil
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR SKIN TYPE AND TIPS TO APPLY THE AFTERSHAVE BALM
The best natural aftershave balm you may want to buy and use depends on your skin type. If you are not familiar with what your skin type is, here are some of the factors to consider
- Dry skin appears to be rough and often cracked and dull. Dry skin is also prone to wrinkles and lines.
- Oily skin appears to be shiny, mostly on the forehead, nose, and chin. Oily skin leads to open pores and susceptible to spots, pimples, and blackheads.
- Sensitive skin will itch and sting when you use certain shaving products.
- Normal skin appears to have a clear, smooth, healthy and even texture. Normal skin does not display any spots or blemishes.
Tips for applying aftershave balm are
- After you have shaved, you need to partially dry your face.
- It is best if you keep your face slightly wet. Your face will be moist from the water. With wet skin, you can apply less balm and cover it on your face more evenly
- Take out a slight amount of aftershave balm on the palm of your hand.
- Rub the balm with the other palm for few seconds.
- Then place both hands on your face and gently rub the shaven skin
- Continue rubbing until the skin absorbs all the balm.
- High end anti-wrinkle balms should also be applied under the eye lids by tapping gently with the index finger.
Applying natural aftershave is the best way for glowing, smooth skin and prevents skin irritation after your shaving routine. The best thing is that the homemade aftershave balm contains natural ingredients that suit all skin types. The natural aftershave balm also has antiaging properties that help to reduce wrinkles and lines.